Two of our FAVORITE foods, paired together in this healthy keto recipe! Meet the Baked Egg in Avocado. Enjoy!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 4 pastured eggs
- Sea salt and ground pepper
- Drizzled olive oil (optional)
- Garnish: Crumbled natural beef bacon, organic feta cheese, chopped walnuts, salsa, cayenne pepper, fresh chives or cilantro, turmeric powder, sauerkraut, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Remove 2 spoonfuls of flesh from each half to allow space for an egg.
- Gently crack egg into each avocado half.
- Place avocados in glass or stainless steel baking dish.
- Bake for 17 to 20 minutes, depending on size.
- Season, drizzle with olive oil, garnish and enjoy!