The perfect easy AND healthy carrot cake recipe, just in time for Easter. Here's what you need...
- 3-4 cups chopped, organic carrots
- 1/4 cup grade b maple syrup
- 10 pastured eggs
- 2 Tbsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic coconut oil, melted on the stove
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1.5 Tbsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground clove
- 1 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. aluminum-free baking soda
- 1-2 tsp. Stevita stevia
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 3 cans organic, full-fat coconut milk (refrigerated overnight or put into the freezer for 20 minutes)
- 2 Tbsp. arrowroot starch
- 1 Tbsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. Stevita stevia
- 1-2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preheat oven to 325° F.
- Place all wet ingredients in high-speed blender and mix under smooth (or leave a bit chunky, depending on preferred texture).
- Place all dry ingredients into mixing bowl and whisk until combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry mixture and gently stir until thoroughly combined.
- Grease two 9 inch pans with coconut oil (or use parchment paper).
- Pour batter into both pans.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife comes out clean.
- Remove from oven, allow to cool.
- While cakes cool, make the frosting.
- Scoop out the cream that has risen to the top of the coconut milk cans, and place in a bowl. Note – Reserve coconut water to add to smoothies! May add a bit of the coconut water to the frosting to thin if desired.
- Also, add other frosting ingredients and whip with a hand mixer (or in a blender) for 4-5 minutes or until desired consistency is achieved.
- Ice the top of one of the cakes then place the second cake atop the first. Proceed to ice the entire cake.
- Garnish, serve and enjoy!