This article has been medically reviewed by Dr. Charles Penick, MD
In our modern world, we are always being exposed to toxins and at a high rate. From pesticides being sprayed on our foods, to toxins being sprayed in the atmosphere and raining down on us, to toxic health and beauty products. We want you to know how to protect yourself and your family.
Avoid Contaminated Foods
- Eat organic when possible. You can use tools such as the clean fifteen and dirty dozen list when grocery shopping for fruits and vegetables. This list can be found here.
- Be sure that you are properly washing non-organic fruits and vegetables.
- Lemon juice is great for washing fruits and white vinegar is great for washing vegetables. We learned the hard way that fruits absorb vinegar wash. So stick with vinegar for the vegetable wash, and lemon for the fruit wash.
Here are the recipes:
- 1/2 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 1/2 cups filtered water
- 3 TBSP lemon juice
- Mix ingredients in a large bowl to soak or spray on vegetables and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Rinse well and enjoy!
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Place fruit in a bowl and spray with the lemon solution, coating the fruit well. Let sit for 1 minute.
- Cover the fruit with filtered water and soak for 15 minutes.
- Rinse well and dry completely if storing fruit.
Purify the Air
- Add plants to your home that naturally clean the air.
- Succulents, ferns, and bamboo are all great air cleansers.
- Use salt lamps that release negative ions that clean the air.
- Diffuse essential oils like ylang ylang, lemon, orange, and tea tree to decrease airborne pathogens and neutralize the air.
Use Non-Toxic Cleaners
- Most cleaners contain an array of toxic chemicals that wreak havoc on our respiratory system and general health.
- There are plenty of alternatives available today that leave room for no excuses for continuing to use chemical cleaners.
- Make your own cleaners using simple soap, and essential oils like clove, lemon, orange, lavender, and tea tree.
- Use non-toxic all-purpose cleaners, dishwasher packets,dish soap and laundry detergents.
- You can check the safety of your cleaning products here.
Stop Drinking Tap Water and Bottled Water
- There are far too many people still drinking tap water. With all of the environmental toxins absorbing into the ground and into our water supply, this is dangerous!
- Use a reverse osmosis water filter that truly removes contaminants like heavy metals, pesticides, and pharmaceuticals.
- Avoid drinking bottled water and opt to use your own glass or stainless steel container while on the go.
Avoid Toxic Beauty Products
- Many of these everyday products contain dangerous chemicals that disrupt or hormones and damage our brain with neurotoxins.
- Opt for non-toxic makeup, lotions, deodorant, soaps, dental care, bug spray and sunscreen.
- In place of neurotoxic perfume, use essential oils and make a custom blend. Ylang ylang, lavender, patchouli, bergamot, and citrus oils are great options alone or in a blend.
As time goes on, our future generations are exposed to more and more of a toxic load. These are great steps to prevent further exposure, however, if you are looking for a way to combat past exposures, my favorite product for removing toxins is the True Cellular Detox Program. T
This powerful solution has the ability to support our body’s natural ability to detox, grabbing toxins and effectively eliminating them for good! This fight isn’t ending any time soon but it is good to know that we have tools to keep up safe.
DISCLAIMER: The information presented is not intended to take the place of your personal physician's advice and is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information is intended for your general knowledge only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for specific medical conditions.
Medical Disclaimer: This article is based upon the opinions of Revelation Health. The information on this website is not intended to replace a one-on-one relationship with a qualified health care professional and is not intended as medical advice. It is intended as a sharing of knowledge and information from the research and experience of Revelation Health and associates. This article has been medically reviewed by Dr. Charles Penick, MD for accuracy of the information provided, but Revelation Health encourages you to make your own health care decisions based upon your research and in partnership with a qualified health care professional.