Hyaluronic acid is naturally produced in your body and helps to retain water and keep your tissues lubricated. Learn more about this anti-aging wonder here.
Hyaluronic acid plays a vital role in skin health. Many people are unaware that hyaluronic acid is an active ingredient in several skincare products. In this article, we will discuss what hyaluronic acid is and how it benefits the skin.
What Is Hyaluronic Acid?
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that is produced naturally by the body. It is found primarily in the eyes, joints, and skin. Many believe it plays a crucial role in skin health, has anti-aging benefits, and helps keep the skin supple and smooth. As people age, their natural stores of hyaluronic acid begin to decrease, which could increase the appearance of wrinkles and accelerate the aging of the skin. Smoking, air pollution, and other environmental factors could reduce levels of hyaluronic acid as well.
Benefits of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid has many uses on the skin and in the body. Some of its benefits include the following:
- Healthier Skin. Hyaluronic acid helps keep the skin supple, increase moisture, and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines. A study of clinical investigations and literature on hyaluronic acid found that it “exhibits remarkable anti-wrinkle, anti-nasolabial fold, anti-aging, space-filling, and face rejuvenating properties.” 
- Helps Heal Wounds. Levels of hyaluronic acid increase in areas where there are wounds to the skin. The molecule exhibits several positive effects on wound healing, such as decreasing the inflammatory processes, regulating tissue remodeling, and enhancing angiogenesis, which is developing new blood vessels. 
- Relieves Joint Pain. A common cause of joint pain occurs when bones grind against each other. Hyaluronic acid helps to relieve this pain by keeping the space between the bones lubricated. A study on obese individuals with knee osteoarthritis found that after consuming hyaluronic acid for three months, there was a decrease in inflammatory cytokines, leptin, and bradykinin. Researchers concluded the treatment of hyaluronic acid and other glycosaminoglycans “holds promise for a safe and effective agent for the treatment for patients with knee osteoarthritis and who are overweight.” 
Side Effects of Hyaluronic Acid
Hyaluronic acid is produced by the body naturally and is generally considered safe. However, due to a lack of research, pregnant women and those breastfeeding should refrain from taking hyaluronic acid supplements. Also, individuals with cancer or those with a history of cancer should avoid taking additional hyaluronic acid supplements. (This is due to its potential impact on cancer cells.) In both instances, consulting a physician is advised before taking hyaluronic acid supplements.
Hyaluronic Acid Supplements
The production of hyaluronic acid begins to decrease with age gradually. To compensate for this loss, many opt to take supplements containing the molecule.
In addition to hyaluronic acid, Collagen ECM contains several critical nutrients for the health of collagen. Collagen is the primary protein found in the skin and connective tissues. It also plays a vital role in the health of the skin’s deep layer (the dermis) and provides it with structure.Collagen ECM contains natural ingredients, including amino acids, chondroitin sulfate, glycosaminoglycans, and glucosamine sulfate. The product also supports the health of connective tissues, muscle, bone, hair, cartilage, and joints.
Mitopinol: Genetic Detox helps to rid the body of anomalous tissue and cells. If either of them mutates, they could pose a hazard to a person’s health. In addition to removing toxins from the body, Mitopinol: Genetic Detox contains hyaluronic acid, a key component in the detox process: Hyaluronic acid can help strengthen the body’s connective tissues, which prevent anomalous cells from penetrating them.
There are many hyaluronic acid supplements available online at Amazon and other retailers. Click HERE to see more hyaluronic acid products.
Speaking of a natural, healthy glow, what you take internally is just as important as what you put on your skin.
You may already know that collagen is the #1 protein in your body, making up connective tissues, bones, cartilage, and skin integrity.
As your natural collagen production declines with age, it’s imperative that you replace it with a high-quality collagen supplement.
The problem is… not all collagen supplements are created equal.
Collagen ECM is the world’s most potent and complete formula containing a full spectrum collagen to help:
- Promote natural collagen production
- Support skin, tendon, bone, and organ health
- Strengthen connective tissue and membranes
- Support hair health, placenta integrity, and cell structure
PLUS, it’s the only formula that contains hyaluronic acid, which supports your natural collagen production and skin hydration from the inside-out.
Hyaluronic acid is a molecule that can help us look and feel younger. It occurs naturally in our bodies and is safe for most people to use as a supplement. Studies indicate it can keep the skin supple and healthy, protect the joints, and assist in wound healing. Hyaluronic acid has few known side effects and may be an excellent option for looking younger and improving skin and joints naturally. Give Hyaluronic acid a try, and tell us about your experiences with this amazing supplement!
 Syed Nasir Abbas Bukhari 1, Nur Liyana Roswandi 2, Muhammad Waqas (et al.). Hyaluronic Acid, A Promising Skin Rejuvenating Biomedicine: A Review Of Recent Updates And Pre-Clinical And Clinical Investigations On Cosmetic And Nutricosmetic Effects. Int J Biol Macromol. 2018 Dec;120(Pt B):1682-1695. doi: 10.1016/j.ijbiomac.2018.09.188. Epub 2018 Oct 1. [PMID: 30287361]. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/30287361/
 Hernán Cortes, Isaac H Caballero-Florán, Néstor Mendoza-Muñoz (et al.). Hyaluronic Acid In Wound Dressings. Cell Mol Biol (Noisy-le-grand). 2020 Jun 25;66(4):191-198. [PMID: 32583795]. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32583795/
 F R Nelson 1, R A Zvirbulis, B Zonca, (et al.).The Effects Of An Oral Preparation Containing Hyaluronic Acid (Oralvisc®) On Obese Knee Osteoarthritis Patients Determined By Pain, Function, Bradykinin, Leptin, Inflammatory Cytokines, And Heavy Water Analyses. Randomized Controlled Trial Rheumatol Int. 2015 Jan;35(1):43-52. PMID: 24899570.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24899570/