The holiday season is here! Now, find the perfect gift for your loved ones. Here are the top gifts and stocking stuffers for the health-conscious in 2023:
Stocking Stuffer #1: Organic Deodorant
Why organic deodorant? Here are a few surprising ingredients that prompt many to ditch commercial deodorants and make the switch to organic:
- Parabens. Parabens are artificial preservatives in commercial deodorants, cosmetics, and other personal care products. Preliminary studies indicate parabens could disrupt the body’s hormonal balance and potentially increase the risk of breast cancer.
- Triclosan. An artificial antimicrobial used to kill bacteria on various surfaces, including the skin, triclosan has been known to cause skin irritation. It is also believed to play a role in multiple health issues, including immune suppression, endocrine dysfunction, and the increasing problem of antibiotic resistance.
- Artificial fragrances. Commercial deodorants might smell good, but they aren’t good for you. The scents are made from phthalates, which have been linked to obesity, asthma, allergies, infertility, and breast cancer.
- Aluminum. Many commercial antiperspirants contain aluminum, which blocks sweat glands and prevents sweat from getting to the skin’s surface. Preliminary studies indicate the skin can absorb estrogen, which may increase the risk of breast cancer.
All-natural deodorants do not contain the harmful ingredients listed above (along with many others like talc and artificial colors). They only contain natural ingredients and come in many wonderful fragrances.
Simply Rose Deodorant is a home-made deodorant. It is all-natural and contains the following ingredients:
- Shea butter
- Coconut oil
- Bentonite clay
- Essential oils
- Baking soda
To see the entire collection of all-natural deodorants, click HERE.
Stocking Stuffer #2: Essential Oils
Essential oils are extracted from plants and have been given as gifts for centuries. In addition to their lovely fragrances, they have many amazing health benefits. Here are just a few reasons to give your favorite person essential oils this holiday season:
- Improve sleep
- Reduce stress
- Increase attentiveness
- Boost mood
- Reduce inflammation
- Relieve headaches
- Kill bacteria, viruses, and fungus (household cleaner)
- Reduce nausea
Many studies have been conducted on essential oils:
- The inhalation of lavender and chamomile was found to decrease levels of stress, depression, and anxiety in older adults.
- Frankincense has been shown to inhibit tumor growth and have antiasthmatic and antithrombotic properties.
- Lemon oil has both antibacterial and antioxidant properties. It is also used as a natural bug repellant.
Today, essential oils are used in many products:
- Laundry detergents
- Insect repellants
By purchasing essential oils, many of these products can be created at home, bypassing the commercial varieties altogether.
Note: While essential oils are typically ingested, inhaled, or applied to the body, not all can be consumed. Some are for topical use only. Read the instructions before use.
Here are two excellent essential oil stocking stuffers:
Lavender Oil Organic is perfect for humidifiers, aromatherapy, massage, and skincare. Just a few drops are all that’s needed to receive its amazing health benefits.
Click HERE to see our full assortment of essential oils.
Stocking Stuffer #3: WO China Healing Oil (Nature’s Medicine Cabinet)
WO- China Healing Oil is a must-have for those who focus on natural healing and traditional medicine. Also known as the “medicine chest” in the bottle, this all-natural product treats a variety of minor health issues:
- Sore throats
WO - China Healing Oil is popular among travelers because of its ease of use: 1-5 drops are typically all needed for quick relief. This product contains powerful essential oils that have been used to treat various ailments for centuries:
- Wintergreen oil
- Carrot seed oil
- Leptotaenia oil
- Eucalyptus oil
- Worm oil
- Peppermint oil
- Worm seed oil
Stocking Stuffer #4: PerfectAmino® Products (Health and Fitness)
This is the time of year when many pledge to exercise, lose weight, and get in better shape for the new year. A great stocking stuffer is a healthy sports drink that helps them achieve their desired results.
Created by Bodyhealth,PerfectAmino* contains eight essential amino acids the body can’t produce on its own:
Amino acids are the foundation for cell repair, the production of neurotransmitters, regeneration, survival, and overall growth. This all-natural product has the exact proportions of amino acids the body needs for maximum utilization.
Here are a few benefits of PerfectAmino*:
- It helps increase lean muscle
- Assists with faster recovery
- Boosts energy
Each of these is key to reaching health and fitness goals.
A bonus:PerfectAmino* Is now NSF Certified for Sport. This designation means it is free from banned substances, approved by most professional sports teams, and ensures the ingredient claims are accurate and factual.
Stocking Stuffer #5: Organic Coffee and Tea
Coffee and tea are two of the most popular beverages in the world. Both are high in antioxidants that are believed to help lower the risk of some cancers.
Purity Coffee is a delicious, specialty-grade coffee consisting of organically grown, lab-tested, high-altitude Arabica beans from farms worldwide, including Costa Rica, Indonesia, Brazil, and Ethiopia.
Purity Coffee strives for coffee with “near zero defects.” This is accomplished by sourcing coffee free from mold and seeking to be the highest quality coffee on the market. Coffee lovers will appreciate the dedication to providing high-quality coffee with exceptional taste.
To see all the Purity Coffee flavors, click HERE.
Organic Jasmine Green Tea contains rich and delicate jasmine flowers laid atop organic green tea leaves. In addition to its delicious taste, the jasmine flowers provide a subtle fragrance that delights the senses.
The Gift Everyone Loves: $50.00 eGIFT CARD
There are many great products to choose from. If you’re still unsure what to get, gift cards are also available.
For your convenience, the $50.00 eGIFT CARD is emailed and redeemed at checkout.
Good health is something we all want (and need). This holiday season, give your loved ones a great gift that makes them feel good and is good for them!
- Walter J Crinnion. Toxic effects of the easily avoidable phthalates and parabens. Altern Med Rev. 2010 Sep;15(3):190-6. [PMID: 21155623]. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/21155623/
- by Rachel K. Papavasilopoulos, Sanghoon Kang. Bibliometric Analysis: The Effects of Triclosan on Human Health. 2022; 10(9):523. https://doi.org/10.3390/toxics10090523.https://www.mdpi.com/2305-6304/10/9/523#
- Alain Pineau, Bernard Fauconneau, André-Pascal Sappino, (et al). If exposure to aluminium in antiperspirants presents health risks, its content should be reduced. J Trace Elem Med Biol. 2014 Apr;28(2):147-150. doi: 10.1016/j.jtemb.2013.12.002. Epub 2013 Dec 19. [PMID: 24418462].https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/24418462/
- Timothy K. H. Fung, Benson W. M. Lau, Shirley P. C. Ngai, (t al). Therapeutic Effect and Mechanisms of Essential Oils in Mood Disorders: Interaction between the Nervous and Respiratory Systems. Int J Mol Sci. 2021 May; 22(9): 4844. Published online 2021 May 3. doi: 10.3390/ijms22094844. [PMID: 34063646].https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8125361/
- Adrian Man,Luigi Santacroce, Romeo Jacob, (et al). Antimicrobial Activity of Six Essential Oils Against a Group of Human Pathogens: A Comparative Study. Pathogens. 2019 Mar; 8(1): 15. Published online 2019 Jan 28. doi: 10.3390/pathogens8010015. [PMID: 30696051]. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6471180/
- Carmia Borek.Dietary antioxidants and human cancer. Integr Cancer Ther. 2004 Dec;3(4):333-41. doi: 10.1177/1534735404270578. [PMID: 15523104]. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15523104/